The faces of Retulp & their Guilty Plastic Pleasures
In the Guilty Plastic Pleasures section, Retulpers confess which single-use plastics they still use when they know there is an alternative. Retulp believes in a world without single-use plastics and offers alternatives, but they are still ‘guilty’ of using indisposables sometimes. This doesn’t mean that, if you use one sustainable alternative, you have to start living without plastic entirely. Take a small step in the right direction!
As a consumer, we can overcome this problem easily and efficiently. Together we can change and make a difference! We would like to share a few tips with you:
- Share what you know about the dangers of plastic waste with your friends and through your social networks.
- Do not buy mineral water from a bottle but drink tap water.
- Use reusable water bottles, mugs, plates and cutlery as an alternative when having your daily coffee, tea and lunch.
- Take your own grocery bag when you go shopping.
- Don’t use cosmetic products that contain microbeads. Microbeads are microscopically small pieces of plastic that are used in some cosmetic products like scrubs, sunscreen and shampoo.
- Don’t leave litter lying around, even if you’re not the one who left the plastic litter on the street.
- Visit your local market instead of a supermarket. At markets you can buy products that are not packaged.